|Scientific Name||Iguana Iguana|
Iguana, American iguana
Green Iguana Description
- The green iguana is the resident lizard of Central America, South America, and Caribbean.
- The iguana is herbivorous lizard which lives an arboreal life.
- It makes a very popular pet.
- Green iguanas are expert climbers and they can fall from a height of 50 feet without hurt.
- During rainy season, iguanas fancy staying on the ground.
- The iguana is probably the largest of the iguana family.
- Iguanas dive into the water when they are frightened.
Size & Weight
- TOTAL LENGTH: 2 to 1.7 m (3.9 to 5.6 ft)
- WEIGHT: 1.2 to 3 kg (2.6 to 6.6 lb)
- TAIL: 30 to 42 cm (12 to 17 in)
Trinidad and Tobago, Texas, Virgin Islands, Grenada, Bolivia, Paraguay, St. Vincent, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Florida, Grand Cayman, central Brazil, Dominican Republic
Dandelion greens, wild plum, Spondias mombin, , flowers, fruit, turnip greens, mustard greens, collards, butternut squash, acorn squash, parsnip, arugula
20 – 71 eggs
10 – 15 weeks
- 8 years avg.
- 20 years max.