|Scientific Name||Macrochelys temminckii|
Bearded Dragon Description
- Bearded dragons are expert climbers and they mostly spend time on bushes and branches.
- Dragons bask on rocks in the afternoons.
- They have scales on their body to scare off predators.
- Dragons are thought to change colors during rivalry.
- They use beards not only for social interactions but also for aggression.
Size & Weight
- TOTAL LENGTH: 40 to 61 cm (16 to 24 in)
- WEIGHT: 350 to 600 g (10 to 20 oz)
Shrublands, Eucalyptus woodlands, deserts, savannas, subtropical woodlands, arid woodlands
Crickets, locusts, worms, butterworms, hornworms, grasshoppers, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, superworms, waxworms, cockroaches
8 – 14 years